To be the best company in the world - in the eyes of our customers, shareholders, communities and people and to emerge from the position of domestic leader to preferred Steel supplier in Sub-Saharan Africa by adopting best practices from mine to market with due care to environmental and social sustenance.
To build unrivaled partnerships with and value for our customers, through the knowledge, innovation, quality workmanship, and dedication of our people, leading to superior results for our shareholders.
We aim to achieve our Mission by:
- Protecting the health and safety of our employees
- Pursuing operational excellence in all business processes
- Producing innovative high-quality steel solutions for our customers on time
- Protecting our environment and caring for the communities in which we operate
- Being a fair employer as well as a career and skills developer
- Being a responsible corporate citizen
Our Core Values underpin our Strategic objectives
The four core values that underline the philosophy that governs the way UMCIL operates are:
RESILIENCE reflects our determination, commitment and perseverance in carrying out the IISP (Integrated Iron & Steel Plant) Project despite the odds in starting.
INNOVATION from the word go, UMCIL had to devise approaches to implement the current steel manufacturing facilities with limited resources at its disposal. In short, innovation inscribes UMCIL.
SUSTENANCE determines the UMCIL survival instinct to sustain its operation by manufacturing quality steel products at relatively affordable costs that are passed on to UMCIL customers
RELIABILITY of steel products UMCIL manufactures underlines the company sense of responsibility for providing quality services and steel products when required and to the satisfaction of our stakeholders.